Get set up with your network account! There are several types of network accounts. To get an account, you must be an active staff, faculty or student or have a special account.
- Student accounts are created automatically based on enrollment status. For more information, take a look at the student account page.
- Faculty accounts are created after a faculty contract has been processed and a request is sent from the Faculty Services Manager. Accounts are typically created within 24 to 48 hours after receiving the request from the Faculty Services Manager. To contact the Faculty Services Manager, call the Provost's Office at (206) 296-2595. Your department chair or Dean's office will typically provide your account information to you such as your user name and SU ID number. You can also contact the Help Desk if you'd like to check on your account status.
- Staff accounts for SU employees are requested by Human Resources. Accounts are typically created within 24 to 48 hours after OIT receives a request from Human Resources. Your manager or supervisor will usually provide you with your user name and SU ID number. You can also contact the Help Desk to check on your account status.
Once you have your user name and SU ID number, you go to the password reset page and choose "I forgot my password" to pick a new password. Alternately, you can also stop by the Help Desk with your photo ID to set up a new password.
In addition to normal accounts, there are a few special accounts. These include:
- Guest accounts - A faculty or staff person can sponsor a guest account for visitors for up to 30 days. Contact the account sponsor for your user name and initial password. Faculty or staff wishing to request a guest account should contact the Help Desk. Guest accounts can be renewed every 30 days by having the sponsor contact the Help Desk.
- Vendor accounts are available for companies who do contract work with SU but are independent contractors and who are not employees. A staff or faculty person must request a vendor account and they can be valid for up to 180 days. Vendor accounts can be renewed every 180 days by contacting the Help Desk.
- Temporary employee accounts are available for temps who are paid directly by SU or who are contracted through a temp agency. These are coordinated and requested by Human Resources.
- Temporary student accounts are available to students who are taking a special class sponsored by a specific college or school but who do not register through the Registrar's office. These are accounts are requested by the program coordinator for each specific school or college and your user ID and password are provided by the program coordinator. Tempoary student accounts are valid up to 90 days. They can be renewed by the sponsor contacting the Help Desk.
- Volunteer accounts are for people who volunteer their time to SU but are not paid employees. They must be sponsored by an SU college, school or department. Volunteer accounts are coordinated through Human Resources.