This is only one suggested way to make a Word document into an embedded or inline email message as opposed to sending it as an attachment. There is more than one way to do this, you may want to experiment and try different methods.
Note - The only email format that is 100% compatible with all email clients is plain text. How a document appears when a recipient opens the document is highly dependent on the email program they use to open the message. This method uses the Rich Text format which is compatible with most email clients. However, if you need guaranteed readability, we recommend sending it in plain text format.
- Save the document as a Rich Text Format (RTF).
- Click Edit, Select All (or press Control-A)
- Open a new email message in Outlook 2003
- Click Format and choose Rich Text
- Click Edit and Paste Special
- Choose Microsoft Office Word Document and click OK.
- You should then be able to send the document.