Registering for Courses
SU students register for courses via SU Online.
Prior to registration for the next term:
- Approximately two weeks before registration begins you will be assigned an appointment time and notified via your SU e-mail account.
- View that appointment time and any restrictions on your account by logging on to SU Online and selecting Registration appointments and Student restrictions from the Student Menu. If you have a financial restriction, contact Student Financial Services (206-220-8020) to pay your bill. If you have an advising restriction, you must make an appointment to see your adviser before you can register. The name of your adviser is listed on SU Online under My Profile. You can find his/her e-mail or phone number by looking in the online Faculty/Staff Directory.
Once you have received your appointment time:
- Log in to https://suonline.seattleu.edu/ prior to your appointment time
- Make an appointment to meet with your adviser
- Choose Search for Classes to find courses that will fit into your schedule
- Use the SU Online worksheet to list your alternative selections, and take them with you when you meet with your adviser.
- See your adviser (make sure he/she lifts any advising restrictions)
Once your appointment time has arrived, you can register for courses:
- Log in to https://suonline.seattleu.edu/
- Choose Student Menu
- In the box for User Name, type in your SU e-mail alias (without the @seattleu.edu)
- Enter your password
- Click Submit
- Select Register for Classes
- Select Term
- Select the Correct Quarter (FQ= Fall Quarter, WQ= Winter quarter, SQ= Spring Quarter, RQ= Summer Quarter)
- You must select one other search option, like Subject, School or Departments. You can also search up to three subjects. Or you may search by Course Comment Keywords to help find core courses, service learning courses.
TIP: The less information you enter, the more search results you will get in return.
- Select the course that you would like to register for.
NOTE: If the course you are looking for is missing, it might be full or cancelled. If a course you need is full, please see the note below Section Selection Results for instructions on what to do. Meanwhile, be sure to register for other classes! Classes fill quickly, and if you do not register now, there may not be space for you later.
- You may also click on the Section Name and Title to view a description of the class from the Catalog.
- The Section Selection Results page will appear. Here you may select one or multiple classes to register for.
- The Add or Drop Classes screen will appear.
- Under Action, select Register to add the course. Or if you are selecting multiple courses, you may select Action or ALL Pref. Sections. At this time you may also drop a course that you have already registered for, if within the Add/Drop period.
- Please review your class selection and read the Agreement. Clicking here means you accept financial responsibility for adding the course, and you promise to pay tuition and fees for the class.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.
- The Registration Results page appears.
- If you have successfully registered for your course, you will see it listed here.
- If you do not see the course reflected here, you can look at the area below Registration Results to let you know what went wrong.
- Click the OK button.
Class Closed or Restricted for Majors?
- Take a Department Manual Registration form to the department offering the course
- If approved, the department will register you. For Albers School of Business, see the instructor for approval and return the form to the department for registration
To Drop a Course: Select Drop Classes
- A menu will appear of the courses you are currently registered for.
- Select the course(s) you wish to drop by clicking in the white box under the heading "Drop" associated with that course.
- Click Submit once you have made your choices.
- A "Registration Results" screen will appear indicating your current courses.
- You should now select the option My Schedule at the bottom of the page and review your schedule for accuracy.
Need further help?
- At any menu click on Help (if not available, choose "FAQ" then choose "SU Online Help Menu")
- Choose the option- Registering Online "Help".